Equality Objectives 2021-2025
At St. Matthew’s, we will promote equal opportunity and strive to reduce and eliminate the effects of inequality in any area of the school’s life or work. All will be treated equally and given equal access to the curriculum and to the life of the school. All will have equal opportunity to benefit from all that we offer. Our intention is to develop a school, in accordance with our vision and values, that enables our whole community to thrive. Diversity and differences will be valued and respected by all and they will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To ensure that teaching and learning promotes equality, celebrates diversity and promotes community cohesion.
- To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their gender, sexuality, colour, race, age, ethnicity or national origin, disability or religious beliefs.
- To recognise and celebrate diversity within our community whilst promoting community cohesion.
- To ensure that those with management responsibility and individual staff accept responsibility for planning, organising and delivering appropriate educational material to ensure that facilitating equal opportunity is woven into all we do.
- To ensure that learners and parents are fully involved in the provision made by the school.
- To ensure that within the school budget, appropriate funding is provided to underpin this policy.
- Monitoring, evaluation and review carried out by the leadership team, will ensure that procedures and practices within the school reflect the equality objectives.
- Parents will be involved and consulted about the provision being offered by the school.
- Teachers will ensure that their planning, teaching and learning takes account of this policy and ensures that equity underpins all their work.
- The diversity within our school and the wider community will be viewed positively by all and this diversity will be recognised as a rich resource for teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- INSET opportunities will be provided for staff, to raise awareness and provide practical examples of suitable curricular materials.
- Active contributions will be sought of parents and others to enrich teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- The positive achievements of all pupils will be celebrated and recognised.